Horse and Pony Show 2018
Sponsored by Tax Assist of Mirfield
|Best condition: in hand||Lawnsgate Princess Annie||Thinford Black Pride|
|shown by||Adele Holmes||Naomi Stanley|
|Mountain & Moorland: in hand||Lawnsgate Princess Annie||Hilin Gwenith|
|shown by||Adele Holmes||Amelia Maude|
|Novice Rider||Esterella Bonita||Thinford Black Pride||Lawnsgate Princess Annie|
|shown by||Megan Wright||Naomi Stanley||Adele Holmes|
exceeding 14-2 hh
|As Harley||Rio||Esterella Bonita|
|shown by||Alexis Fawthrope||Anne Sweet||Megan Wright|
NOT exceeding 14-2 hh
|shown by||Amelia Maude||Claire Harris|
|Open Rider||As Harley||Rio||Harley|
|Shown by||Alexis Fawthrope||Anne Sweet||Claire Harris|
|Bonny Pony||Lawnsgate Princess Annie||Harley||Hilin Gwenith|
|Shown by||Adele Holmes||Claire Harris||Amelia Maude|
|Handsome Horse||Rio||Thinford Black Pride|
|Shown By||Anne Sweet||Naomi Stanley|
|Best Child Handler||Hilin Gwenith|
|Best in Show Champion||As Harley, Shown by Alexis Fawthorpe|
|Reserve Champion||Lawnsgate Princess Annie,
shown by Adele Holmes
|Veteran Winner||Lawnsgate Princess Annie,
shown by Adele Holmes
Class 1 – In hand class*
- Category A – In hand best condition, horse or pony
- Category B – In hand Mountain and Moorland
- Categories A and B will be split into separate classes if sufficient entries are received.
Class 3 – Novice rider – Rider not to have won a first in any riding class
Class 4 – Open rider
Class 5 – Ridden Pony
Class 6 – Ridden Horse
Class 7 – In hand – Bonny pony and handsome horse*
Class 8 – In hand – Veteran horse or pony*
Class 9 Show Championship – All first and second prize winners to compete for best in show trophy.
*A trophy and Special Rosette to be awarded to best child handler, on points, chosen from all handlers in classes 1, 7 and 8. Rosettes to sixth place.
A trophy for first place and rosettes to sixth place in each class.
Entries £5 per class on the day; details for advance entries to be available on the website.
Horse and Pony Show Rules
- Closing date for online and postal entries is 13th August 2018. Entries will be accepted on the day at full price. Entries (with appropriate insurance details) can be made on the online form or by writing to The Horse Secretary, Mirfield Agricultural Show Society, 51 Springfield Park, Mirfield WF14 9PE. The online entry fee is £4 per entry in advance via PayPal (or by cheque made payable to Mirfield Agricultural Show Society and sent to the address above), or £5 per entry to be paid on show day.
- All entries must be booked in (registered) at the Information Point by 8.30am for Class 1 and by 9am for all other classes.
- Current standard headgear MUST be worn by riders, with the harness fastened, at all times when mounted on the showground.
- Classes may be combined or split, at the judge’s discretion.
- Horses and ponies must remain in the allocated areas at all times and exhibitors must comply with guidance and instructions given by the judges and stewards, including guidance and instructions given in relation to health and safety issues or animal health issues.
- No refunds will be given for withdrawals, except in the case of classes cancelled by the organisers (or otherwise at their discretion).
- Entrants must be in possession of valid horse passports, as appropriate, and must produce these for examination at registration and at other times upon reasonable request.
- All exhibitors must have valid and suitable third-party liability insurance cover and are expected to have their own personal injury insurance. Third party insurance documentation must be produced for examination at registration and at other times upon reasonable request.
- Mirfield Agricultural Show Society, its staff or any person relating to the Society cannot take any responsibility for any loss or damage caused to people, animals or property whilst on the showground.
- The judge’s decision is final.