Mirfield Show – Call for Catering Bids: 2018 and 2019
As you may know, the Mirfield Show is a highly popular event in the area. We have attendances of up to 10,000 and in recent years won a Local Award for the best event in the area. We are now in the process of gathering Bids (i.e. the fee you are willing to pay us, per year) from caterers wishing to hold a food concession at the show. The minimum bid is £300. If accepted, you would be guaranteed a place at the show for August 2018 AND in 2019, the same fee applying in both years. Please note that competition for a place is fierce!
We are looking for 10 concessions to provide a “food court” (where we will provide seating) PLUS carts that sell only coffee to be positioned elsewhere in the field.
This is very much a family event with lots of children attending. We are very keen that the catering offered gives good value-for-money, and so the prices you intend to charge will play an important part in our decision. Further, we require any increase in your prices in year 2 to be minimal. We will photograph and monitor this.
You may offer us more than one type of stall, but please make a bid for each. The criteria used by the Committee to select successful applicants are:
- The amount of your bid,
- Prices of your product to the public,
- Attractiveness of your vehicle / stall,
- The need to offer a variety of food types at the show.
If you wish to provide a tender please send it to the address below. YOU MUST INCLUDE the following with your correspondence:
- Your menu of items together with confirmed prices to be charged,
- Details of site requirements (please specify LEFT or RIGHT opening),
- Dimensions of space, including height if relevant (INCLUDING towbar),
- A Photograph(s) of your stall/vehicle IS ABSOLUTELY REQUIRED,
- Details of 2 other events you attended in the last 12 months,
- Proof of valid Public Liability insurance and your Food Hygiene Rating (stars),
- A declaration that you have read and accepted our terms and conditions (enclosed).
Your tender must be IN WRITING, POSTED TO US, but ALL ELSE is by email.
We are looking to confirm contracts by mid February so your tender must be in our hands no later than WEDNESDAY 31 JANUARY 2018. If you require further information please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Geoffrey Wraithmell, The Meadows, Lane Top Farm, Whitley, Dewsbury, West Yorkshire, WF12 0NQ